Monday, June 18, 2012

Icheon Ceramics Festival

In April I went to the Icheon Ceramics Festival. I really enjoyed it because after going to a couple museums here, I'm kind of getting into Korean pottery. At the very least, I know the history more and can appreciate the simplicity. There's not a lot to write about this particular adventure but I wanted to share some pictures from the day. There were a couple buildings that you could walk through and purchase pottery. There were a lot of amazing pieces, but I'm not exactly in a place in my life where making a lot of pottery purchases makes sense. I can't exactly bring them everywhere with me. So instead I appreciated their beauty from afar. There was also a tea set competition that resulted in a lot of modern and cool looking sets. I'll post the pictures of my favorites so you can see.

The entrance

Inside the gate

One of the tea sets from the competition

Traditional style, Korean ceramics

Competition piece

The main building where you could buy ceramics

A wall filled with ceramic pieces!

A close-up of the wall

One of my favorite modern ceramics pieces

Another cool piece

Another :)

A metal tree filled with wind-chimes

1 comment:

  1. Do you know who the artist is that made the stacked face masks?

    ReplyDelete