Friday, October 26, 2012

Interesting Sights (First month and a half)

1) A goat’s head in my kitchen. (I was not nearly as phased as I thought I would be).

2) A chicken go from clucking… to dinner. (Chickens are stupid and cannibalistic. One walked right by where her friend had been murdered seconds before, then later another tried to eat feathers plucked from the dead chicken. It was also really interesting to see the inside of the chicken. You could see what would have been the next day’s egg inside the hen. There were round yolks of different sizes that you knew were eggs to come.)

3) A cow folded up in the back of a minivan like a beach towel. (I saw two legs sticking up, but otherwise it was folded really nicely. I’m kicking myself for not getting a picture of this.)

4) An official school function where a dog sat down in front of the table of speakers, and started cleaning its boy-bits.

5) Two styles of traditional dance. In one the men wrap their calves in (what looks like) animal skins, hairy-side in, and during the dance hit their legs in a way that it reminded me of step dancing.

6) An albino spider the size of my palm (now deceased).

No comments:

Post a Comment