Friday, July 15, 2011

Explanation of the Title and Welcome

Hello everyone and welcome! I've decided to start writing a blog again because I think it will be easier then e-mailing everyone slightly different versions of the same story. No, we wont say this is out of laziness :) we'll just say I want to make sure no one is left out. (Doesn't that sound so much better?)

The title of this blog is, as you can see, "Not all those who wander are lost." This is one part of a longer quote by J.R.R. Tolkien. I love the full quote (it's a little 'Lord of the Rings' for everyday use) but I have taken this specific line up as my personal motto. I like to think that I am wandering, but not lost. I will also take the liberty the title gives me to let my blog posts wander, as I know from experience I can be bad about updating in a timely fashion. Bear with me and we can wander together. Karibu (welcome).

Full quote for anyone interested: "All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring; renewed shall be the blade that was broken, the crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

No comments:

Post a Comment