Sunday, January 8, 2012

Halloween

Halloween is celebrated in Korea. Kids don't go trick-or-treating but they dress up (at least at the English schools) and at my school we had a Halloween party. I wanted to dress up for Halloween but I couldn't think of anything clever. I ended up wearing my tie-dye rainbow pants, drawing a rainbow on a shirt, and calling myself, you guessed it, a rainbow. I didn't want to buy a whole costume and for school being a rainbow worked out nicely. All the kids came in dressed up and we went trick-or-treating around the classrooms. Here's a picture of us trick-or-treating and me handing out candy:

After we went trick-or-treating we made small pumpkin candles in class then went to the gym to play games with the entire school. It was cute seeing all of the kids dressed up. I think every single girl was a princess of some sort. I wasn't surprised given the culture of being cute here. On the 6th floor (the gym) we played games until the end of the day.

After school, on the weekend, I went out with some friends in Seoul to celebrate Halloween. That was also a lot of fun and I was able to make another costume by putting eyes and a mouth on a dress and calling myself a jack o' lantern. I'm really missing my Thomas the Tank Engine costume from the last two years though, I don't think that one can ever be topped.
 This Year (jack o' lantern)
Last Year (Thomas the Tank Engine)

No comments:

Post a Comment