Sunday, January 29, 2012

Trick Eye Museum

As many of you know I went to Hong Kong for Christmas and my winter break; that blog entry will be coming along soon. In the meantime I'll tell you about a little fun I had after the New Year. I came back from Hong Kong on the 31st just in time to meet my friend Becca from the U.S. who came to visit me for a week. We had a good time despite the fact I was working that week. My favorite thing we got to do was go to the Trick Eye Museum in Seoul. I had seen pictures a friend had posted from the museum and it looked like a lot of fun.

The museum has famous paintings repainted with a twist in the style of trompe l'oeil. All the paintings look like they are 3D but are in fact flat on the wall. There was writing on the wall helping you to know where to put your hands (or body) for the best effect. All in all, it was a lot of fun. Here are some of the best shots:













This was a different part where they had aprons with different body types you could try on. I went for the abs ;)


1 comment:

  1. I want to go! I want to go!

    You should have had Becca stand on the side of the room that would make her look taller than you. That would have blown my mind!

    ReplyDelete